Pohutukawa Ecofelt Tote Bag
The Pohutukawa Ecofelt Tote Bag is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.
Stylish yet practical, this roomy tote features an elegantly understated pohutukawa design by New Zealand artist Jo Luping. A pop of colour on the inside ensures it’s easy to see all of your bits and pieces at a glance, while two inner pockets provide separate storage for smaller items.
This tote bag is made from two layers of Ecofelt – a material made from recycled plastic bottles that have been shredded, then melted and spun into fibers. The outside is an elegant charcoal grey colour that’s sure to complement any outfit, while the inside of the bag is a bold red.
- Tote bag made from recycled plastic bottles
- Measures approximately 43cm x 39cm
- Bag base measures 26cm x 18cm
- Made from 2 layers of felt with charcoal on the bag outer and red on the inside
- Secure magnetic dome closure
- 2 inner pockets
- Finished with top stitching
- White screenprinted pōhutukawa design by NZ artist Jo Luping on bag outer
Jo Luping studied printmaking and photography at the Otago Fine Art School, then filmmaking and design at Wellington’s Victoria University. She established her studio in 1996 and became renowned for her ceramics which capture New Zealand’s coastal landforms and indigenous flora and fauna. She works in a variety of mediums including jewellery, ceramics, glass, printmaking, textiles, photography and film. She lives in Wellington, New Zealand with her husband Aaron and daughter Isabella.