Handcrafted Rimu Tongs
These Handcrafted Rimu Tongs by MZ Design are designed and made in Hokitika. Minimalist design highlights the natural wood-grain and colourings of native NZ rimu.
These Handcrafted Rimu Tongs compliment MZ Design's wider range of unique native timber utensils and woodware.
- Responsibly sourced from recycled waste, ancient buried logs or sustainably managed timber
- Handcrafted by a small team of passionate woodworkers
- Distinctive rimu grain and colour
- Tongs measure 23cm in length
- For a cohesive table setting, pair with MZ Design's wider range of handcrafted wooden homewares
- Before using, lightly rub with salad oil
- To clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth and re-oil
After moving to Hokitika in 1971, Mark Zuckerman began building his own home complete with handmade doors, window-frames and cabinetry. This was the beginning of his desire to immerse himself in woodwork and MZ Design was created. From his home on the West Coast, Mark finds inspiration in the peacefulness of our natural environment. His respect and appreciation of our natural environment is reflected in his stylishly minimalist designs which let the materials speak for themselves.
We have a range of handcrafted native timber homewares from MZ Design, perfect for sentimental gifts and beautiful table settings.
This product is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum and Cable Car Museum.