Conversātiō looks at the astounding practice of leading photographer Anne Noble, set against the issues of ecosystem collapse and climate change and examining what an artist can do in response.
Its creative focus is on that most important insect, the European bee. Reminiscent of an artist book in its extensive visual content, its appeal is to a wide readership curious about art, ecology, science, literature and their intersections.
- WINNER OF THE AUSTRALIAN GOOD DESIGN AWARDS 2022 BEST IN CLASS AWARD
- A renowned photographer focuses on the importance of bees
- By Anne Noble, with Zara Stanhope and Anna Brown
- Published by Massey University Press
- From images of communities of bees to tintype photographs showing the beauty of translucent bee wings and much more
- Noble’s photographs present the hive life of bees in rich detail
Anne Noble is one of Aotearoa New Zealand’s most widely respected contemporary photographers. Zara Stanhope is a curator and writer connecting publics with artists across the global south. Anna Brown is a book designer, educator and researcher who works with visual artists, curators, art historians and musicians.
Available online and in-store at Space Place Wellington. Explore our collection of jewellery, taonga, souvenirs, science-themed gifts and more across Aotearoa New Zealand.