Solar Viewing Glasses
Wear your Solar Viewing Glasses to protect your eyes from solar radiation any time you look directly at the Sun or the Sun’s reflection.
Solar eclipses are among the most captivating planetary phenomena. However, even though the sun’s glare is mostly occluded by a precise alignment with the moon, the remaining light during partial phases can cause eye damage when viewed without eclipse glasses that provide superior protection. These Solar Viewing Glasses are designed to protect your eyes, while letting you observe partial phases of eclipses with exceptional clarity.
These glasses are made by Rainbow Symphony in the USA, and the CE certified lenses meet transition requirements of scale for 12-16 of EN 169/1992, 2012 transition requirements of scale for EN 1836:2005 & AS/NZS 1338.1:1992, and the ISO 12312-2:2015 standard from the Queensland Directive. They are also recommended by the American Astronomical Society and NASA!
When you watch an eclipse with these lightweight glasses, your eyes are protected from 100% of harmful ultraviolet and infrared rays and 99.999% of intense visible light. You see a sharp, orange-colored remnant of the eclipsed sun that gradually increases in size, as the eclipse progresses.
- Solar viewing glasses made from cardboard and optical density 5 black polymer material that resists scratching
- Safe for direct solar viewing
- WARNING: NEVER LOOK AT THE SUN WITHOUT SPECIAL EYE PROTECTION.
- DO NOT USE IF DAMAGED. Using damaged Solar Viewing Glasses can result in severe eye injury.
- BEFORE EACH USE: Check front and back of each lens for damage such as scratches, pinholes or separation from frame. If damaged, cut into small pieces and discard. DO NOT attempt to clean or disinfect, (under general conditions of use this should not be necessary).
- When looking at a solar eclipse, use your Solar Viewing Glasses whenever any part of the Sun, no matter how small is visible.
- This product should not be used with any other optical appliances such as cameras, telescopes or binoculars.
- This product is not a toy.
- Children should use only with adult supervision
Solar Viewing Glasses are also available for purchase in store at Space Place.